Thursday, November 6, 2014

Info Meeting for August 2015 trip on Thursday 11/13 at 7pm!

Here is the text of my mass email for the August 2015 trip:

Hello!
You are receiving this email because you are someone who I think may be interested in this service trip that I am organizing for this summer.  I have organized similar trips in the past 2 summers with Frontier students that have been tremendously successful, and I am excited to lead another trip for this summer in August 2015! 

Amped For Education (ampedforeducation.org) has been increasing their efforts over the last 3 years to change the educational outcomes of Nicaraguan students.  Thanks to Frontier students and their meaningful work with Amped in the past, Amped now facilitates trips
year-round like this one for groups based across the US!This past summer, my Frontier group helped to build a learning center that offers academic support for secondary students in an impoverished area outside of Granada. 

I will be holding an informational meeting in my classroom at Frontier (A218) on Thursday 11/13 at 7pm to make a more detailed pitch and answer questions.  If you are curious in the meantime you can scroll through my blog of our 2013 and 2014 trips here:
frontiergoestonicaragua.blogspot.com
The cost of the August 2015 trip will be $1199 excluding flight costs.  This figure includes all meals, ground transportation, some cultural excursions, housing costs, and program/project costs for 9 days in Nicaragua.

I am planning on collecting deposits in mid-December or earlier.  The non-refundable deposit will be $350 made out to "Amped For Education."  Amped is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization and any contributions to Amped are tax deductible.


Please contact me with any questions and I hope to see you next week!
Joe Costello
508 944 7917

Here are some links to check out if you want to explore some more:

Amped For Education's Youtube page with tons of media from past trips, including a lot of video of the Frontier trips!
https://www.youtube.com/user/ampedforeducation

Amped For Education's Facebook page.  Lots of great pictures and updates!
https://www.facebook.com/ampedforeducation

No comments:

Post a Comment